Blarney Caravan & Camping Park Accessibility Statement
Our Park is a Touring holiday Park with pitches to let for Touring Caravans, Motorhomes and Tents. We have endeavoured to improve the accessibility of the site and facilities to meet the full range of our visitor’s needs so that everyone can truly enjoy their stay with us at Blarney Caravan & Camping Park.
- We have an extensive website with pictures and videos of the Park and its facilities.
- Booking and enquiries can be made online or by email, telephone or by letter
- Our staff are always happy to discuss our facilities and your concerns even before a booking is made, please do not hesitate to ask.
- If it would be helpful for you, we will try and reserve a pitch as near as possible to the toilet block if you let us have full details of your request when you make your reservation
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
- There is a tarmacadam parking area in front of the reception which is gently sloping.
- There is one clearly marked level accessible parking space at the reception car park.
Main Entrance, Reception/ Shop
- There is ramped access with hand rail to the reception/shop for wheelchairs and pushchairs
- The reception/shop door has ample access for wheelchairs to access.
- The opening hours are 9am to 9pm
- A push bell to access the staff during quite periods and out of hours is at an accessible level at the main door
- Tourist information is available from reception, including emergency service contact numbers.
- Once registered at reception, guests can access the Park via an electronic barrier operated by a fob
- Our small shop is stocked during the July and August and carries basic supplies including fresh milk, minerals, snacks and camping gas. Blarney village has several shops including a Super Valu supermarket.
- There is a strict 15km speed limit throughout the park to ensure the safety of our guests.
- The site is on a gentle slope and the walk down to the facilities is on a steep decline which has a hand rail
- The main central access road is prepared with well-consolidated hard core topped off with tar and compacted crushed granite chipping’s.
- The public areas are well illuminated at night
Pitches & Grounds
- The Site has 40 individual hardstand pitches for caravan & motorhomes. The pitches are situated on fairly level ground but they are at a higher level than the reception area, shop and communal facilities. Access roads and pitches are a gravel surface.
- All hardstand pitches are serviced with electric hook-up and some have individual water taps as well.
- There is a separate camping area which is on grass and a limited number have electric hook –up.
- Parking beside your caravan or tent is allowed.
- There is a small enclosed children’s playground on grass with safety mats integrated under some play equipment.
- Dogs are permitted only if kept on a lead at all times. There is a separate field that can be use for a dog walk.
- All grassed areas are regularly mowed.
- If our clients require a pitch located close to the toilet block we will endeavour to honour this request, if made during their reservation.
- There is an 18 hole Pitch & Putt course which has a gravel pathway entrance and is not fully accessible.
Toilet & Washing Facilities
- All toilets, showers, kitchen, laundry and TV room are located in one area and are clearly marked.
- The walk down to the facilities is on a steep decline with a concrete path and has a hand rail to support access
- There is a wheelchair accessible combined WC and Shower with grab rails provided in a separate room with ramped and hand rail access. The shower has level access and there is a fold down seat and a free standing chair. The wash basin has a lever tap. There is a pull cord alarm fitted in case assistance in needed
- The main toilet block has separate ladies, gents and shower cubicles and is clearly marked.
- The laundry room has two washing machines and two dryers. The laundry machines are coin operated and are not accessible to customers with disabilities. For wheelchair bound guests holidaying alone we can offer a service wash.
- There is a large camper’s kitchen with wash up. Lever taps are not provided on any of the sinks in the cooking area and counter/sinks are not at an accessible height.
Public Transport & Taxis
- Our Park is 3km north of Blarney Village and is accessed by a narrow up hill road.
- The is a local taxi service: Castle Cabs (021) 4382222
- Yellow cabs, 021 4272255 is a 24 hour taxi service and operate a wide variety of vehicles ranging from saloons and hatchbacks to 8 seater minibus and wheelchair accessible vehicles.
- There is a regular bus service from Blarney Village to Cork city and bus timetable are available in our reception.
- We are looking into ways of increasing the range of disabled and family facilities throughout the park.
- Guest feedback and suggestions are always warmly received.
- We can’t promise that our Caravan & Camping Park will suit everybody, but we are pleased to discuss your individual needs with you. Please Contact Us and we will be pleased to talk to you personally on the phone or you can email us with your queries.
- If you feel you need help at any time during your visit, please mention this to any of our staff who will be delighted to offer assistance
We have tried to be as accurate and as thorough as possible when describing our site and facilities in this access statement; however if it does not answer your particular question or if you require any further information regarding our site and facilities please do not hesitate to contact us. For specific requirements on accessibility please email email@example.com or call 021 4516519