Distance from Blarney Caravan & Camping Park: 30 km.
Originally a medieval fishing port, historic Kinsale is one of the most picturesque, popular and historic towns on the south west coast of Ireland. It has been hailed as the Gourmet Capital of Ireland, with no shortage of cafes, pubs and restaurants to suit every taste and budget.
Only 30 km from Blarney Caravan & Camping Park, Kinsale marks the beginning of scenic West Cork and is ideally placed as a yachting and deep-sea angling centre and, in recent years, a world class golf destination.
- Charles Fort This star-shaped military fortress was constructed between 1677 and 1682, during the reign of King Charles II, to protect the town and harbour of Kinsale in County Cork
- Garretstown Beach is an extensive sandy beach located along the coast of County Cork. It enjoys stunning views of The Old Head of Kinsale and is a great spot for walking, bathing and swimming.
- The Old Head Signal Tower in Kinsale is the most southerly point of the stunning Wild Atlantic Way, so it is a fitting start or end point to your tour.
- Kinsale Surf Adventures are Cork’s locally owned premium surf & water recreation specialists. Providers of surf tuition, a multitude of water activities & serious fun for the whole family.
- Food and drink: Kinsale is worth a visit just for the food alone.